.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Time to Bake the Cookies


It's that time of year again. We have friends coming over on 'Black Friday', and we will be baking cookies instead of dealing with insane crowds at the mall. Oh yeah - we let the kids decorate 'em. I am looking forward to it, even though I will be short on sleep.

It's snowing here - looks like about 2 inches built up on the deck railing. Love it. The fire is cracking in the fireplace in the kitchen, and the cats are curled up close to it with smiles on their little faces. (Yes - we have another cat. She somehow fell through the trap door into the basement and her mother never claimed her. She was 2 weeks old at the time, but is growing into a fine young lady.)

I will have to break my diet - just a wee bit. I've lost 21 pounds, so I'm almost at my goal weight!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday weekend!

7 Comments:

Blogger Most Rev. Gregori said...

Ah yes, cookie baking time again. My 92 year-old mother is getting ready to start her baking. Christmas time she still bakes all sorts of Italian cookies and makes gingerbread houses, and during the Easter season she gets busy making canolies, but guess who gets recruited to fry the shells?

22 November, 2008 16:14  
Blogger Kermit said...

Hey...

The Green Guy and the Silly Goose do cookies too.

Ours sre culturally Frogish, but delightful in their own mossy way.

:)

Kermit

22 November, 2008 22:59  
Blogger tshsmom said...

You couldn't pay me to shop on Black Friday, even in our little town! Besides, I'm 95% done with my shopping. ;)

We'll be putting up decorations on Friday. Then Z and I will start making goodies on Monday.

Have fun!

23 November, 2008 08:54  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Father G, I ADORE canolis. OMG. They are heaven to me. A nice canoli with a strong, hot cup of coffee. Heaven. My MIL gave up the recipe for her italian lemon cookie knots - not too sweet. Just right - again, with coffee...

Kermit, I am sure that they are delicious! We are all going off of our diets, aren't we?

I refuse to shop on Black Friday. I don't like crowds, anyway. I am loving shopping online. We won't get the decorations up for a couple of weeks though.. You have fun, too!

23 November, 2008 16:45  
Blogger MamaGeph said...

Bravo on the pounds! Wow, that is amazing. :)

I shop almost all online. No way do I enjoy dragging three hooligans through the crowds. Nuh-uh. No way.

Happy Thankgiving weekend.

29 November, 2008 02:38  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Hey MamaGeph! Good to see you again. I hope that you and your family had a great holiday!

29 November, 2008 08:42  
Blogger Susan said...

I love baking cookies during the holidys. Nothing seems to bring the family together quite like it. This year we made enough for gifts, I know that my sons school bus driver loved his batch. We try to shop for organic products to make ours, and buy organic spices online from Starwest botanicals.
Thanks for your postings, this is a beautiful blog.
Susan

03 January, 2009 17:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home