.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Languishing

My cookie dough languishes in the fridge - I languish on the recliner.

I have pneumonia, the first time in my life that I have ever had pneumonia. I hate it and it's awful. Terrible to breathe. Can't move much. Feeling a bit better after nearly a week of antibiotics with herbal support, but still quite sick. The house is a mess. Only about 1/8 of what I wanted to get done actually got done. Face it - Troll can't keep the house properly. He just can't. Going to bed now. Sorry about the late Christmas cards (if they even get out this year...), and the late packages. Got the kids done, the in-laws done, each other done - as far as presents go. Got the tree up, but the decoration storage box still sits in the middle of the room. That's going to have to do it. Christmas is almost here. It'll have to be good enough.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Say a little prayer for recovery for me and thanking you in advance for that...

14 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

I'm so sorry that this had to happen to you now...or anytime!
I know exactly what you're going through. I've had pneumonia more than 10 times.
Let Troll and the girls take over and just enjoy the togetherness.

22 December, 2008 17:24  
Blogger Most Rev. Gregori said...

I pray that you feel better soon. Pneumonia is no laughing matter. The first time I got it, at the age of 19, it darn near killed me. I ended up with a collapsed lung and lost 28 lbs. in one week.

I hope you are able to have a Merry Christmas.

22 December, 2008 21:50  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Yuckie. Bad time to be ill. Hope it gets better soon. I have funny photo's up if you are interested in just looking.. Get better and hugs from us girls..

23 December, 2008 02:34  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks y'all. It is NASTY! I am feeling much better - the house is cleaned up and my fever is gone. Looking forward to a restful holiday.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

24 December, 2008 13:51  
Blogger Skye said...

Merry Christmas, Monica!

Glad to read that you are feeling better!

25 December, 2008 10:51  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Monica,
Oh, my!

Having had pneumonia, I know what a misery it is. And the recovery is long too. Just when you think you're better and get on the move again, WHAM!, you've got a setback.

Take care of yourself.

And try to have a Merry Christmas!

25 December, 2008 13:56  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Merry Christmas to you, Troll, and children!

25 December, 2008 14:48  
Blogger Most Rev. Gregori said...

Hey G-Mama, how is that neu-moni doing hope you are back to your usual self.

Merry Christmas

26 December, 2008 22:52  
Blogger Kermit said...

I just got back online after a bout with a sick computer.

Grizz... get well! That's an order from the swamp.

You are my and the Goose's prayer list.

Peace and all good,

Kermit

28 December, 2008 21:46  
Blogger Ca... said...

I hope you feel better soon. I've never had pneumonia but my sister has it regularly and I know it must be painful and annoying to say the least. Happy New Year to you and your family!

31 December, 2008 23:35  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

HOpe you are feeling better now. Sorry for the typo's. We bought a new computer and I am not used to the keyboard yet..

03 January, 2009 06:24  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks so much, you guys. I am much better now, just working overtime and holiday pay to make up for the time I lost. It's been a bear of a week but it's almost over. Then we move. :-/

03 January, 2009 08:37  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Glad to hear you're better! Sorry abou tthe have-to-move thing. :-(

05 January, 2009 19:18  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

To add to my Christmas wishes, Happy New Year!

06 January, 2009 00:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home