.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Grizzly Mama

There's a Grizzly who has escaped the City of Brotherly Love..(and she's going back to homeschooling!!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Out of Philly, Pennsylvania, United States

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth." Aristotle - Greek Philosopher.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

No Resolutions Here

I never make New Years resolutions. It's just a set up for failure. I figure if I want to do something, I'll just do it.

We are just making it through at this point. I worked a bunch of overtime and holiday to make up for time lost with the pneumonia. The doctor just informed me that it can take weeks and weeks to clear that crap out of your lungs. I never want pneumonia again - - EVER. The long, hard week is over. Onto the next two long, hard weeks. Three, actually.

Phase one: complete. Cleaning up the Christmas stuff.

Phase two: Not complete. Clearing out stuff we don't want to move. *UPDATE* Complete with a full dumpster.

Phase three: Not complete. Packing. *UPDATE* 2/3 complete

Phase four: Not complete. Painting finished attic in new abode, moving and cleaning old abode. *UPDATE* - painting attic room complete.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year. God bless.

6 Comments:

Blogger Most Rev. Gregori said...

God be praised, I'm glad you made it through your illness, I was beginning to get worried.

When I had pneumonia years ago, I got hit so bad that I was hospitalized from November to February with I.V.'s going in both arms. Then it took me another three and a half months to regain all the weight I had lost. It was bummer, so I know what you are going through.

Hang in there and I hope the New Year is better.

07 January, 2009 23:39  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you! I had no idea that pneumonia could be so nasty. I mean, I've heard that people die from it, but surely that didn't apply to moi. It sucks getting old.

What a horrifying time you had of it! So sorry to hear that but glad that you recovered!

11 January, 2009 23:03  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

This must suck because you just got the windows the way you wanted them and such and so on and so on.. Yikes. Best wishes my friend.. I hope all is well and you get the rest of that junk out of your chest soon..

Jeff had bronchitis 3 years ago and it was nasty stuff to deal with. He was border line on the pneumonia feild.. But anyway hope all is better.

12 January, 2009 05:33  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thanks Tweets! I had really not wanted to move for atleast 6 more months. Oh well - life throws stuff at you sometimes, right?

I'm feeling much better now.

13 January, 2009 14:04  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I don't envy you AT ALL! I hate moving. I don't mind unpacking, but packing everything up is the PITS! Good luck and take it easy; you don't want a relapse.

13 January, 2009 15:53  
Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Tshsmom - it's just the opposite for me! I don't mind packing, but unpacking does me in. I'm trying to get plenty of rest. We have so much to do.

17 January, 2009 17:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home